Castle Oaks is a Christ-Centered, Bible -Believing, Family-Friendly Church, reaching the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ, beginning in Castle Rock, Colorado.
- Jesus Christ is the Author and Perfecter of our faith. We believe in and affirm the necessity of new birth in Jesus Christ. We believe in and rely on Christ's ongoing work in us and through us. We experience his Presence as we abide in Him and His word in us. (John 15:1-8, Hebrews 12:2, Isaiah 43:7)
- We believe the Bible is completely true and without error in the original written documents, and that it has been transmitted to us through a process that has preserved it as substantially free of error in the English translations we use today. The Bible is true and unique, dynamic and dangerous. It is dangerous because we believe that God loves us just the way we are but he loves us too much to leave us that way. It is dynamic because God meets us where we are and moves us to new levels of spiritual depth and health in Christ. (2 Timothy 3:16 and Hebrews 4:12)
From this commitment and understanding of the Bible as the authoritative word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct we affirm the following beliefs:
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - each of Whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality. (Deuteronomy 6:4 and Matthew 28:19)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, our Savior and Lord. We believe in the full humanity and the full Deity of Jesus Christ. Spiritual rebirth in and through Christ is necessary for entrance into God's kingdom. (Hebrews 1:1-8; Hebrews 2:14 and John 3:5-8)
- We believe in the active, ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit. He indwells all believers, enabling each of us to live victoriously and to contribute uniquely to the greater work of God in our community, in our worship and in our world. (John 16:5-15; Romans 8:9-17 and 1 Corinthians 12:1-7)
- We believe that the family is God's gift to us as a place of primary spiritual nurture, a tool of evangelism and a reflection of the relationship between Christ and his people. We believe that equipping families for these tasks is a vital role of the church. (Deuteronomy 6:1-9 2 Timothy 1:5)
- In the church God has given us all different and equally important roles, young and old, male and female. We believe that cultivating inter-generational relationships will enrich us individually and as a church. (Genesis 1:27; Deuteronomy 6:1-9; 1 Timothy 4:12 and 2 Timothy 1:5)
- We believe that our purpose extends to the ends of the earth. We believe that vital, dynamic union with Jesus Christ naturally results in both evangelism and compassion. Working with God where He is working we will find meaning and purpose bigger than and beyond ourselves. It is not enough for us to be personally fulfilled. We also want to help others find eternal life, meaning and fulfillment in relationship with Christ. (John 10:10; Isaiah 61:1-4; Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8)
Castle Oaks Church is part of the Evangelical Covenant denomination.
You may find more information about the Evangelical Covenant by going to: covchurch.org